Come on, you know you want to follow me....

Ink Exchange

>> Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Name: Ink Exchange
Author: Melissa Marr
Pages: 325
Start Date: January 11, '10
Finish Date: January 12, '10
Type: YA Fantasy/ Social Issues; Paperback
Status: My Bookshelf; 2nd in Wicked Lovely Series
Rating:

Summary: Unbeknownst to mortals, a power struggle is unfolding in a world of shadows and danger. After centuries of stability, the balance among the Faery Courts has altered, and Irial, ruler of the Dark Court, is battling to hold his rebellious and newly vulnerable fey together. If he fails, bloodshed and brutality will follow.Seventeen-year-old Leslie knows nothing of faeries or their intrigues. When she is attracted to an eerily beautiful tattoo of eyes and wings, all she knows is that she has to have it, convinced it is a tangible symbol of changes she desperately craves for her own life.The tattoo does bring changes—not the kind Leslie has dreamed of, but sinister, compelling changes that are more than symbolic. Those changes will bind Leslie and Irial together, drawing Leslie deeper and deeper into the faery world, unable to resist its allures, and helpless to withstand its perils. . . .

My Review: Well, I read Wicked Lovely, so of course i had to read this. It's very dark and sinister but I liked it. Not much happens though. I think she just wrote this as a "bridge" to the next book "Fragile Eternity". Leslie has her issues. Many of them. So do the two main guys for that matter. And I can't be mad at the ending because it's how it needed to be, but I hope in the next books we check in on them every once in a while.

Exert: Silently she rested her face against his chest, and he held her and admitted the truth to himself: For this mortal I would disobey my queen, abandon my king, the court that has protected me all these years. All of it. If he took her into his arms, he would keep her. He wouldn't let her suffer the way the other mortals had when he'd left them. He would keep her, with his court's permission or without it. Irial wouldn't take her, and Keenan wouldn't stand between them. - p.171

Cover/Title: The title is pretty cool but I don' think you should see her face, like the other books. And the title is pretty straightforward.

Extras:

~ The Clumsy Reader aka Christine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Awesome Blogs!

Photobucket
The Book Vixen

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP