Come on, you know you want to follow me....

Ironside: A Modern Faery's Tale

>> Tuesday, July 6, 2010


Name: Ironside:A Modern Faery's Tale
Author: Holly Black
Pages: 323
Start Date:May 9
Finish Date: May 9
Type: Romantic, Gothic Modern Faery Tale
Status: Library; 3rd in the Modern Faery Tales
Rating:

Summary:the time has come for Roiben's coronation. Uneasy in the midst of the malevolent Unseelie Court, pixie Kaye is sure of only one thing—her love for Roiben. But when Kaye drunkenly declares herself to Roiben, he sends her on a seemingly impossible quest to find a faerie who can tell a lie.Miserable and convinced she belongs nowhere, Kaye decides to tell her mother the truth—that she is a changeling left in place of the human daughter stolen long ago. Her mother's shock and horror sends Kaye back to the world of Faerie to find her human counterpart and return her to Ironside. But when Kaye returns to the faerie courts, a battle of wits and weapons is being waged over Roiben's throne, and she soon finds herself at the center of it all.

My Review: Knowing this would be the last book *sniff* I tried to savor it. Yeah, for a whole day. Once you start it, you can't put it down. A couple times I had to smack my head and say "You dumb-ass!" to Kaye or some other character but most of the time I was just enthralled. And Corny and Luis? Aw! My fave gay couple so far! I'm trying really hard to think of negative things here, but I'm in such a good mood today! So this book has no faults, except for the usual:
It ended.


Excerpt: " 'Life is like licking Honey from a Thorn' " ~ page 15

Cover/Title: Title is a 5 on a 1 to 10 scale. Cover is awesome! But remember the crown at the end of Valiant? That they had to make to save the stupid boy? Is this it? Or is it Roiben's crown???? But I like this cover more: --- Cover ---

Extras: X

Photobucket

1 comments:

mean mom productions July 15, 2010 at 12:21 PM  

Yeah, what a great book! I love it.

Post a Comment

Awesome Blogs!

Photobucket
The Book Vixen

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP