Come on, you know you want to follow me....

Valiant

>> Saturday, June 19, 2010


Name: Valiant
Author: Holly Black
Pages: 313
Start Date: May 6
Finish Date: May 7
Type: Gothic Faery/Beauty and the Beast Story; Hardback
Status: Library; #2 in A Modern Tale of Faery
Rating:

Summary:When seventeen-year-old Valerie runs away to New York City, she's trying to escape a life that has utterly betrayed her. Sporting a new identity, she takes up with a gang of squatters who live in the city's labyrinthine subway system.But there's something eerily beguiling about Val's new friends. And when one talks Val into tracking down the lair of a mysterious creature with whom they are all involved, Val finds herself torn between her newfound affection for an honorable monster and her fear of what her new friends are becoming.

My Review: I'll admit I was pissed that it wasn't about the Faeries from the 1st one. But this book had it's own twist. It was more focused on the pure mortal part, where as "Tithe" was about a mortal turning faery. Valiant also hit the topics on addicts and homeless and even a little about gay people and wanting what you can't have. I liked that it had those elements but it dragged. I got bored when all that was going on was Val taking the Never and basically going a little insane. I personally wanted to know more about Ravus and the sword and more about Trolls. And the heat and chemistry between Ravus and Val I think needed to be turned up, because they way it is, it's like she's falling (slowly) for a teacher or boss. But... in the end, literally, it was awesome. Also I do like that Roiben and Kaye make a camo :)
And yes you kinda need to read this before Ironside. Well at least I recommend you do.

Excerpt: Gone in one faerie sigh....

Cover/Title: That sword is so bad-ass! And I like how she pulled "Valiant" into it. Much more creative than the 1st.

Extras: X






Photobucket

1 comments:

flanpnhfpnanfnFN June 21, 2010 at 2:29 PM  

:( i've really wanted to read that one- great review- :)

Post a Comment

Awesome Blogs!

Photobucket
The Book Vixen

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP