Come on, you know you want to follow me....

Take Me There

>> Sunday, May 2, 2010


Name: Take Me There
Author: Susane Colasanti
Pages: 290
Start Date: April 28
Finish Date: April 29
Type: Teen Life/Romance; Hardback
Status: Library
Rating:

Summary:Rhiannon is devastated after the breakup with her boyfriend and wants him back. Nicole's ex is still pining for her, but she can’t help having a new crush. And then there is James, hopelessly in love with Rhiannon, who can’t see that their friendship can be so much more. Just when things couldn’t get more complicated, the school’s resident mean girl decides she is intent on ruining everyone’s life. James, Nicole, and Rhiannon are not going to let this slide, but will their desire to take down the mean girl bring these three friends exactly what they want?

My Review: This book wasn't all that I thought it was going to be. Like "When in Happens" I thought it'd be about crushes and growing up. But this book was more than that. It was about love and loss, hate and pain, the past and future, and even about how schools are unfair! All the characters were weaved into these complex people that all had something in common with each other, and that alone made the book to me. The end is great, because you basically know what's going to happen. There was only one hiccup: when Nicole is obsessing the teacher, at first I thought they were already having an affair. Her day-dreaming and real life clashed and I couldn't tell them apart for a minute. Other than that, this book earned four, happy daisies.

Excerpt: I thought I had control over something that went crazy. I thought following a straight road would lead me right to my destination. Like the road would just take me there because I was following all the rules. And if the road curved, I couldn't be sure about where I was going. But look where it got me.
Maybe it's time for a detour. ~ page 200

Cover/Title: Cute, an the part where 'take me there' comes in... " and even now, even after all I put him through, he's saving me. I've been trying to find my way into the light for so long, and he just comes along and takes me there." AWWWWW! So the title is perfect!

Extras:
Garden State - Movie - pg. 2
Topher Grace - pg. 16
13 Going on 30 - Movie - pg. 19
Razzles - pg. 19
Joe the Art of Coffee - 20
Watchmen - 21
Lafcadio - book - 27
Spray Roses - 39
Fleetwood Mac - Rhiannon - 41
X & Y - 63
Harriet the Spy - 64
Orange Shirt - California Dreamin' - 66 [If it doesn't come up, just tell me :) ]
John Lennon in NYC tee - 66 [ just imagine it as a pin]
Fox from "The Little Prince" pin - 66 [s ry couldn't find ;( ]
Look Closer pin - 66
24 - 149
Bookslut Blog - 153
My Immortal - 171
Jet - Look What you've done - 206 <-- The Song! Fly Away- Lenny - 245
Unisex Salon (band) - 248
Beatles - Because - 274
Breakfast Club - 278


Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Awesome Blogs!

Photobucket
The Book Vixen

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP