Come on, you know you want to follow me....

What Would Emma Do?

>> Sunday, May 2, 2010


Name: What Would Emma Do?
Author: Eileen Cook
Pages: 307
Start Date: April 29
Finish Date: May 1
Type: Religious Teen Drama; Paperback
Status: Library
Rating:

Summary:Thou Shalt Not Kiss Thy Best Friend's Boyfriend...again...
There is no greater sin than kissing your best friend's boyfriend. So when Emma breaks that golden rule, she knows she's messed up big-time...especially since she lives in the smallest town ever, where everyone knows everything about everyone else...and especially since she maybe kinda wants to do it again. Now her best friend isn't speaking to her, her best guy friend is making things totally weird, and Emma is running full speed toward certain social disaster. This is so not the way senior year was supposed to go.Time to pray for a minor miracle. Or maybe, just maybe, it's time for Emma to stop trying to please everyone around her, and figure out what she wants for herself.

My Review: This book was so not what I expected. I thought it was about like "Jane Austen's" Emma. I did not comprehend it was religious. Well until I started reading it (duh). But I liked the book because of that; it was light hearted but still down to earth. But my favorite part was the whole lie and how far they took it. About the "popular" girls lying to cover the asses. It's so true how these girls act because I have witnessed it. So to finally find a book where the main character and I share a few things in common (want to get out of little town; popular girls are 'dogs') is very refreshing. And the whole romance part? Well I can't really give any away but it's really good...

Excerpt: What the hell would Jesus do in this kind of situation? I paused to see if any heavenly advice was forthcoming. Nothing. Jesus had a knack for staying out of these kinds of situations. I wasn't sure what Jesus would do, but I was going to run. ~ page 110

Cover/Title: Cute title but like I said I thought it was like Jane Austen's Emma. The cover it ok, but doesn't his nose look weird? lol

Extras:
Emma's Shoes -here- - 68
Castles in the air - 33
Nights in White Satin - 33
Wildfire - 33

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Awesome Blogs!

Photobucket
The Book Vixen

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP