Come on, you know you want to follow me....

Tithe: A Modern Faerie Tale

>> Tuesday, May 4, 2010


Name: Tithe: A Modern Faerie Tale
Author: Holly Black
Pages: 310
Start Date: May 2
Finish Date: May 3
Type: Romantic Urban Fantasy; Hardback
Status: 1st in Modern Faerie Tales; Library
Rating:

Summary:Sixteen-year-old Kaye is a modern nomad. Fierce and independent, she travels from city to city with her mother's rock band until an ominous attack forces Kaye back to her childhood home. There, amid the industrial, blue-collar New Jersey backdrop, Kaye soon finds herself an unwilling pawn in an ancient power struggle between two rival faerie kingdoms -- a struggle that could very well mean her death.

My Review:Ok by reading the summary above, you might see why I procrastinated reading this. But now I'm pissed I didn't read it earlier! Seriously, this is a zillions time better than Wicked Lovely! ( I still love you Melissa Marr! ) Not only did this book have ideas and twists that were mind blowing (like the kelpies!) it introduced a whole new spin on the faerie world, while making it creepy and beautiful all at the same time. It's dark, it's stunning, it.................... I don't think it has any flaws. If you think I'm wrong, please tell why. Love Roiben...

Excerpt: Roiben looked at the Seelie Queen, and his eyes closed with an exhalation of breath that was so evocative of relief, Kaye felt herself fill with dread. There was something wrong with all this. ~ page 299

Cover/Title: Of course my library has the scary version but I think this is more what she looks like than the photo they took on the other version. And the title could have been better, but because it all revolves around the "Tithe" it makes sense.

Extras:
White Rabbit - Grace Slick ~ page 55
King Pain song? - page 140 (I actually have no idea if this is right... I just don't see anyone in this book a Police fan :S)









Photobucket

1 comments:

Ελλάδα May 1, 2012 at 8:59 AM  

The theme is common: hard-bitten young girl on the edge of society, in this case a 16 year old daughter of a rock musician who smokes her breakfast named Kaye, who discovers who's not really human. In fact, she's a pixie. And, she's pivotal in the next war between the Seelie and Unseelie Court. Emma Bull did a much more original rendition in "War for the Oaks" and I think it may be more appropriate for the younger audiences recommended than "Tithe"

Post a Comment

Awesome Blogs!

Photobucket
The Book Vixen

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP