Come on, you know you want to follow me....

Charlie All Night

>> Saturday, April 17, 2010


Name: Charlie All Night
Author: Jennifer Crusie
Pages: 251
Start Date: April 14
Finish Date: April 15
Type: Romance; Paperback
Status: Library
Rating:

Summary:Dumped by her boyfriend and demoted from WBBB's prime-time spot, radio producer Allie McGuffey has nowhere to go but up. She plans to make her comeback by turning temporary DJ Charlie Tenniel into a household name. And if he's willing to help her cure her breakup blues with a rebound fling, that's an added bonus.Charlie just wants to kick back, play good tunes and eat Chinese food. He's not interested in becoming famous. But he is interested in Allie. And after all, what harm in a little chemistry between friends?But suddenly their one-night stand has become a four-week addiction. Night after night on the airwaves, his voice seduces her. . .and all the other women in town. He's a hit. It looks as if Charlie's solved all Allie's problems. . .except one. What is she going to do when he leaves?

My Review: I knew this was going to be a dummy-romantic comedy. And that about sums it up. Don't get me wrong, it was cute and I liked the chem. between Charlie and Allie, but it was like, "well duh they are going to fall in love" from the beginning. But I gotta say, the 'mystery' part threw me for a loop. I think it was one of the most funniest crimes ever! Oh, and how can ya resist Sam or/and Joe? Joe so fit the description of George Downes doncha thank? :)

Excerpt: "Don't chug the cream like that." He took the empty glass from her. "This isn't skim milk, you know. This is the real thing, the hard stuff. Max, another amaretto and cream for the lady. In fact, just bring over a bottle and drive in the cow." " A comedian." Allie nodded her head. "Five guys sitting at the bar, and I pick up the comedian." ~ pg. 20

Cover/Title: I love it because it has the Chinese food container, right next to the bed...

Extras:
Music from the book: (sry I didn't make an actual playlist :S )
Monster Mash - pg. 98
I want you to want me - Cheap Trick - pg. 100
Crazy - Patsy Cline- pg. 105
Still Crazy After All These Years - Paul Simon - pg. 108
Farewell to Tarwathie - Judy Collins - pg. 111
River of Dreams - Billy Joel - pg. 134 - Sam's Song :)
Can't get no satisfaction - Rolling Stones - pg. 178
Slow Hand - Pointer Sisters - pg. 182
Baby Mine - Allison Krauss - pg. 191
Sweet Baby James - James Taylor - pg. 192
Shut up and kiss me! - Mary Chapin Carpenter - pg. 201
Puppy Love - Paul Anka - pg. 227
Put your head on my shoulder - Paul Anka - pg. 227
Hildegrade von Bingen - pg. 239

American Dreamer - pg. 208 ~ Allie's fav movie
Peter Paul Rubens paintings - pg.152-153

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Awesome Blogs!

Photobucket
The Book Vixen

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP