Come on, you know you want to follow me....

Dead Until Dark

>> Sunday, April 11, 2010


Name: Dead Until Dark
Author: Charlaine Harris
Pages: 292
Start Date: April 6
Finish Date: April 10
Type: Paranormal Romance; Paperback
Status: Library; 1st in The Sookie Stackhouse Novels
Rating:

Summary: Sookie Stackhouse is a small-time cocktail waitress in a small-town in Louisiana. She's quiet, keeps to herself, and doesn't get out much. Not because she's not pretty. She is. It's just that, well, Sookie has this sort of "disability". She can read minds. And that doesn't make her too dateable. And then along comes Bill. He's tall, dark, handsome-- and Sookie can't hear a word he's thinking. He's exactly the type of guy she's been waiting all her life... But Bill has a disability of his own: He's a vampire with a bad reputation. He hangs with a seriously creepy crowd, all suspected of - big surprise - murder. And when one of Sookie's coworkers is killed, she fears she's next...

My Review: I have wanted to read these but could never get my hands on them, so I did the next best thing: I watched True Blood. I watched both seasons in less than 48 hours :)- So I gotta say I was shocked when i found out there is no Tara. But that's ok! Also I'm glad that it's just Sookie because in the show I was always bored by Jason. -_- But I loved the book and the whole southern thing is cool, and I liked that the vamps are 'out of the coffin' so it's not all hush-hush like most books. And I'm sorry but I am totally a Eric fan so Bill is blah to me, but whatever! OH! Was Bubba Elvis? Because I loved him!

Excerpt: "Bite, Sookie," he whispered..... This was pretty exotic stuff for a telepathic barmaid from northern Louisiana. ~ 196-197

Cover/Title: So-So. I like how all the titles have "Dead" in them. But the people on the cover look a little scary and Sookie looks young but that's ok.

Extras:







~ The Clumsy Reader aka Christine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Awesome Blogs!

Photobucket
The Book Vixen

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP