Come on, you know you want to follow me....

Next Best Thing

>> Saturday, April 17, 2010


Name: Next Best Thing
Author: Kristin Higgins
Pages: 393
Start Date: April 10
Finish Date: April 14
Type: Romantic Drama; Paperback
Status: Library
Rating:

Summary:Lucy Lang isn't looking for fireworks.She's looking for a nice, decent man. Someone who'll mow the lawn, flip chicken on the barbecue, teach their future children to play soccer. But most important: someone who won't inspire the slightest stirring in her heart…or anywhere else. A young widow, Lucy can't risk that kind of loss again. But sharing her life with a cat named Fat Mikey and the Black Widows at the family bakery isn't enough either. So it's goodbye to Ethan, her hot but entirely inappropriate "friend with privileges" and hello to a man she can marry.Too bad Ethan Mirabelli isn't going anywhere. As far as he's concerned, what she needs might be right under her nose. But can he convince her that the next best thing can really be forever?

My Review: I was totally blown away by this book! I thought it would be another ew-y goo-y kiss-kiss type of book. Aka a Harlequin, like it says. But this book was so deep and the hardships were so real it literally took my breath away. And if your not sure you want to read this book, let me tell you this (it's not exactly a spoiler because you find out right off the bat): Ethan is her dead husband's younger brother. See, now try not to read it :)

Excerpt: "We're glad your back," I say, knowing this will eventually be true. "Leave the luggage, Dad," Ethan says. "I'll bring it up in ten mintues." Gianni gives hima baleful look and grabs the handle of the biggest bag and begins dragging it toward the elevator. I'd rather have another coronary than let you help me. whippersnapper. ~ page 289

Cover/Title: I love it! Except - her bowls are poke-a dotted :) Also, doesn't that guys hands look yummy?


Extras:



Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Awesome Blogs!

Photobucket
The Book Vixen

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP