Come on, you know you want to follow me....

Enthusiasm

>> Sunday, April 11, 2010











Name: Enthusiasm

Author: Polly Shulman
Pages: 198
Start Date: March 31
Finish Date: March 31
Type: Chick Lit; Hardback
Status: Library
Rating:

Summary: "There is little more likely to exasperate a person of sense than finding herself tied by affection and habit to an Enthusiast." Julie knows from bitter experience: her best friend, Ashleigh, is an Enthusiast. Ashleigh’s current fancy is also Julie’s own passion, Pride and Prejudice, and the heroine’s quest for True Love. And so Julie finds herself swept along with Ashleigh, dressed in vintage frocks and sneaking into a dance at the local all-boys’ prep school. There they discover several likely candidates for True Love, including the handsome and sensitive Parr. And Julie begins to wonder if maybe this obsession of Ashleigh’s isn’t so bad after all. . . .

My Review: OMGosh! I picked this book up by whim about 1.5 ago and put it down; I picked it again and couldn't put back down! I loved it! And really it's about Ash. Yeah Julie tells it, but in the end, it wraps up about Ash. Also I think i feel in love with Parr when he gives her the ginger ale. But, main lesson in this book? Communicate.

Excerpt: A long time later i woke to find myself strangely warm in my cold room, with warm, steady breaths in my ear. After a moment I remembered who was there. he had turned over sometime in the night. He had his arm over my waist, his knees bent behind mine, like a pair of spoons. I felt his chest against my back, rising and falling with his sleeping breath. Blissful, I fell asleep again.... ~ pg. 161

Cover/Title:
Cute cover, but I think it should be Ash not Juls since the title is clearly Ash, but wateva!

Extras:
Erin's Speech and her Song

Yolanda's Speech and her Song

Ashleigh's Speech and her Song

Julie's Speech and her Song




~ The Clumsy Reader aka Christine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Awesome Blogs!

Photobucket
The Book Vixen

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP