Come on, you know you want to follow me....

The Blue Sword

>> Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Name: The Blue Sword
Author: Robin McKinley
Pages: 248
Start Date: January 7
Finish Date: January 12
Type: Science Fiction/Fantasy; Paperback
Status: My Mom's Bookshelf
Rating:

Summary: This is the story of Harry Crewe, the Homelander orphan girl who became Harimad-sol, King's Rider, and heir to the Blue Sword, Gonturan, that no woman had wielded since the Lady Aerin herself bore it into battle.

My Review: My mom recommended it to me so it was like I had to read it. It takes off nicely and it's very easy to understand. And then in the middle it gets great! But towards the end it's kinda dry but by the last 10 pages it gets good. Perfect ending! But to really get it you need to read "The Hero and The Crown" (and then i think Robin should have written and book in between these two about what happens with Aern & Luthe!)

Exert: " ' The filanon's cats went with them,' said Jack. 'You'll hurt her feelings if you try to leave her behind.' Harry said fiercely,'This is not the time to make silly jokes.' 'On the contrary, Captain," replied Jack. 'This is exactly the time.' " - pg. 210

Cover/Title: I love this cover! And I couldn't find it online so this my actual book :} The title is what it is.

Extras:

~ The Clumsy Reader aka Christine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Awesome Blogs!

Photobucket
The Book Vixen

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP