Come on, you know you want to follow me....

Found

>> Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Name: Found

Author: Margaret Peterson Haddix
Pages: 314
Start Date: January 30
Finish Date: January 30
Type: Mystery/Sci Fi; Hardback
Status: Library; 1st in The Missing Series
Rating:5

Summary: Thirteen-year-old Jonah has always known that he was adopted, and he's never thought it was any big deal. Then he and a new friend, Chip, who's also adopted, begin receiving mysterious letters. The first one says, "You are one of the missing." The second one says, "Beware! They're coming back to get you."Jonah, Chip, and Jonah's sister, Katherine, are plunged into a mystery that involves the FBI, a vast smuggling operation, an airplane that appeared out of nowhere -- and people who seem to appear and disappear at will. The kids discover they are caught in a battle between two opposing forces that want very different things for Jonah and Chip's lives.Do Jonah and Chip have any choice in the matter? And what should they choose when both alternatives are horrifying?

My Review: This book was for sale in my schools' Scolastic TAB but the very next day I saw both this one and the second on display in my local Library. It was a sign! LOL Any way I got them and I finished this one and wen right in the second; I totally recommend doing this! It started out really well, but it got really dry, and slow for my taste and little ways into the book. But I pushed on and got to the end which W-O-W. And personally I think Jonah is the guy that invented time traveling but I guess we'll just have to read and find out ;)

Exert: "Chip! If they say, 'Great news! We got an offer to give out free airplane rides this morning'- don't get on the plane! Do you hear me? Don't get on any freaking plane!" - pg. 239


~ The Clumsy Reader aka Christine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Awesome Blogs!

Photobucket
The Book Vixen

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP