Come on, you know you want to follow me....

The Cupcake Queen

>> Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Name: The Cupcake Queen
Author: Heather Helper
Pages: 242
Start Date: January 20
Finish Date: January 21
Type: Fiction-Family Life; Paperback
Status: My Bookshelf
Rating:

Summary: When her mother moves them from the city to a small town to open up a cupcake bakery, Penny’s life isn’t what she expected. Her father has stayed behind, and Mom isn’t talking about what the future holds for their family. And then there’s Charity, the girl who plays mean pranks almost daily. There are also bright spots in Hog’s Hollow—like Tally, an expert in Rock Paper Scissors, and Marcus, the boy who is always running on the beach. But just when it looks as though Penny is settling in, her parents ask her to make a choice that will turn everything upside down again. A sweet novel about love, creativity, and accepting life’s unexpected turns.

My Review: I didn't expect much from this book but it is good! When Penny moves from a big city to a little 'hick' town, I know how she feels. But then she makes friends with some odd balls and develops a crush and things look up. But then some unexpected things happen. But I think Penny takes it all very maturely. She could have been a lot more immature but I think she is a very strong character. The only reason this does not earn 5 daises is because I'm one of the people that I like the book to end with a little more detail (ex. = What will happen to Tally? Will Penny and her mom get their own house? Does Charity warm up to Penny? Is Marcus just a crush? Or will it be more in the future? What about Mr.Fish and Tally's aunt!?!?) I think there should be a sequel that is about Penny's mom finding a new love! What you say? Agree with me? But when you sit down to read this, yeah, you could have cupcakes , but I recommend Jolly Ranchers. You'll know what I'm talking about.

Exert: As I climb the warped steps, I think about the problem with running from your trouble. The problem is in the stopping. The whole time you think you're getting away from everything, the trouble is running like mad, too, trying to catch up with you. And it doesn't slow down when you do-- it keeps on sprinting. So when trouble finally reaches you, it hits hard. - 107

~ The Clumsy Reader aka Christine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Awesome Blogs!

Photobucket
The Book Vixen

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP