Come on, you know you want to follow me....

The Hero and The Crown

>> Wednesday, February 10, 2010


Name: The Hero and The Crown
Author: Robin McKinley
Pages: 227
Start Date: January 13
Finish Date: January 22
Type: Science Fiction/Fantasy; Paperback
Status: My Mom's Bookshelf
Rating:

Summary:From childhood, Aerin had been haunted by the story of her mother-a "witch-woman" who en-spelled the king and then died in childbirth, leaving behind a newborn daughter and an heir-less land. Left to her own devices, Aerin grew up wild, doing her best to live up to her reputation as the disappointment of the realm. But little did the young princess know the long-dormant powers of her mother would wield their own destiny, and leave Aerin with a duty to her scornful homeland that she couldn't refuse.

My Review: I'll tell you the truth: I didn't want to read this. This is the prequel to "The Blue Sword" and that was ok, and I understood what had happened, so why did I need to read this? Well, when I asked my mother she said it was a great story. And I did read it, but, as you can tell, it took me forever! But guess what? It was wwwwwwwwaaaaaaayyyyyyyy better than the Blue Sword! Hero&Crown started off very nicely, because it tells you what's going on then it jumps back and explains a WhOlE bunch! The it comes back to the present; the Northerners are planning to attack them and Aerin wants to go but Maur, the Black Dragon has risen again. I can't give too much away, but let me just say: there needs to be one between this and Blue Sword that is tells you if Aerin goes back to Luthe! I <3 Luthe!!!!!!!!!!! K, that's all.


Exert: " I have put you on a horse - that same horse - and watched you ride away from me before. I thought I should never get over it that first time...... I know I shall never get over it this time. If you do it, someday, a third time, it will probably kill me." Aerin tried to smile, but Luthe stopped her with a kiss.
"You can't scare me," Aerin said," You told me long ago you are not mortal."
"I never said I can't be killed," replied Luthe. " If you wish to chop logic with me, dearest love, you must make sure of your premises."
" I shall practice them - while - I shall practice, that i may dazzle you when next we meet.
There was a little silence, and Luthe said, " You need not try to dazzle me."
"I must go," Aerin said hopelessly, and flung herself at Talat just as she had done once before. "I will see you again.
Luthe nodded.
She almost could not say the words: "But it will be a long time - long and long."
Luthe nodded again.
"But we shall meet again."
Luthe nodded a third time.
"Gods of all the worlds, say something," she cried.
"I love you," said Luthe. " I will love you till the stars crumble, which is less idle threat than is usual to lovers on parting. Go quickly, for truly I can not bear this."
She closed her legs violently around nervous Talat, and he leaped into a gallop. Long after Aerin was out of sight, Luthe lay full on the ground, and pressed his ear to it, and listened to Talat's hoof beats carrying Aerin father, and father away. - 194

Cover/Title: The two goof ups are these: The horses shouldn't have a saddle and Aerin had her hair down. The title is OK, but it could have been better.

Extras:

~ The Clumsy Reader aka Christine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Awesome Blogs!

Photobucket
The Book Vixen

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP