Come on, you know you want to follow me....

Deadly Little Lies

>> Monday, February 22, 2010


Name: Deadly Little Lies
Author:Laurie Faria Stolarz
Pages: 282
Start Date: Feb 18
Finish Date: Feb. 19
Type: Paranormal Romance; Hardback
Status: My Bookshelf; 2nd in Touch Series
Rating:

Summary:Last fall, sixteen-year-old Camelia fell for Ben, the mysterious new boy at school who turned out to have a very mysterious gift--pyschometry, the ability to sense the future through touch. But just as Camelia and Ben's romance began to heat up, he abruptly left town. Brokenhearted, Camelia has spent the last few months studying everything she can about psychometry, and experiencing her own strange brushes with premonition. Camelia wonders if Ben's abilities have somehow rubbed off on her. Can the power of psychometry be transferred?
Even once Ben returns to school, Camelia can't get close enough to share her secret with him. Despite the romantic tension between them, Ben remains aloof, avoiding contact. Then when an unexpected kiss leads to a frightening argument, Camelia makes the painful decision to let Ben go and move on. Adam, the hot new guy at work, seems good for her in ways Ben wasn't. Adam is easygoing, and seems to really care about her.But when Camelia and Adam start dating, a surprising love triangle results. A chilling sequence of events upturns secrets from Ben's past--and Adam's. Someone is lying, and it’s up to Camelia to figure out who—before it’s too late.

My Review: Well, was so hyped about this book because Ben comes back and everything, but it was really a disappointment. Camelia was really stupid and got me so mad! But, I can't say to much other than she needed to trust Ben. The ending will catch you off guard and you will be, like, what??!! And really the description doesn't do the book justice. It really had a different vibe to me then what I thought it let on to have. Also, how many more people in this town are going to stalk Camelia?? But I flew through this book, so I think this is one I will need to re-read.

Exert: I close my eyes and feel Ben's hand slide up my back, underneath my shirt, sending tingles all over my skin. His fingers glide across my shoulders and down my spine, nearly stealing my breath.
And stealing his breath too.
As I start to fall asleep, I hear his breath heaving in and out. A gasp escapes his throat and he has to pull away, only to do it all over again a few moments later. At one point in the night, I think I feel his kisses at the nape of my neck, his leg against my thigh, and his body spooning me up from behind.
My blood stirs and my body churns.
But maybe it's all just a dream... ~ pg. 125-126


Cover/Title: i read this fast but i soooooooo don't remember a red umbrella. I guess it's just supposed to be a freak-y stalker-y person. The title is perfect.

~ The Clumsy Reader aka Christine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Awesome Blogs!

Photobucket
The Book Vixen

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP