Come on, you know you want to follow me....

Eighth Grade Bites

>> Tuesday, February 9, 2010


Name: Eighth Grade Bites
Author: Heather Brewer
Pages: 182
Start Date: January 15
Finish Date: January 17
Type: YA Vampires/Mystery; Paperback
Status: My Bookshelf; 1st in the Chronicles of Vladimir Tod
Rating:

Summary: Thirteen-year-old Vladimir Tod really hates junior high. Bullies harass him, the principal is dogging him, and the girl he likes prefers his best friend. Oh, and Vlad has a secret: His mother was human, but his father was a vampire. With no idea of the extent of his powers, Vlad struggles daily with his blood cravings and his enlarged fangs. When a substitute teacher begins to question him a little too closely, Vlad worries that his cover is about to be blown. But then he faces a much bigger problem: He's being hunted by a vampire killer.

My Review: I ordered this book, along with the 2nd one, on complete impulse from a book order from my school. They said for kids 9-12 so i thought that if i didn't like them I'd give them to my younger brother. Well, this one is staying on my bookshelf! It was kinda YA but it's probably how most 13 y/o think, so it's true to life in that aspect. But what I was the 'world'. If some one like Cassandra Claire or Melissa Marr had come up with idea it would have been really awesome! But that is OK, because Heather does a great job! This book really moved fast, and it had great characters. Now when I see someone getting bullied I now think "What Would Vlad Do?"; and then I go save their butts. :)

Exert: " We also invented Latin, chess, and PlayStation."
Vlad shifted in his seat. He could believe his story about old stuff like Latin and chess, but PlayStation? Puh-lease.
" I thought that was Sony's idea."
"Who do you think runs Sony?"

Cover/Tile: The cover looks like a socially award boy. Yep, it's Vlad. And yes, eight grade does bite, even if you aren't a vampire.

Extras:

~ The Clumsy Reader aka Christine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Awesome Blogs!

Photobucket
The Book Vixen

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP