Come on, you know you want to follow me....

Coffehouse Angel

>> Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Name: Coffeehouse Angel
Author: Suzanne Selfors
Pages: 276
Start Date: February 13
Finish Date: February 14
Type: Teen Supernatural Romance
Status: Library
Rating:

Summary:From the author of Saving Juliet comes a romantic comedy that is good to the last drop. When Katrina spots a homeless guy sleeping in the alley behind her grandmother’s coffee shop, she decides to leave him a cup of coffee, a bag of chocolate-covered coffee beans, and some pastries to tide him over. Little does she know that this random act of kindness is about to turn her life upside down. Because this adorable vagrant, Malcolm, is really a guardian angel on a break between missions. And he won’t leave until he can reward Katrina’s selflessness by fulfilling her deepest desire. Now if only she could decide what that might be . . .

My Review: I was going to buy this but then I saw it at the library and just couldn't help but grab it! I couldn't even waititn to get home to read it, so i braved it and risked getting car sick and started it. I LOVED it! There is not one thing I would change, and the story and ideas she comes up with are original and fantastic!!!!!!! You fall in love with everyone(!!!! Malcolm!!!!!). My mom even liked it, because in the truck I started reading it to her, while eating Oreos. And I recommend that part about the Oreos. Oh yeah, you need to read the book too ;}


Exert: Why do we drink coffee? As kids we hate it. It's disgusting. But somewhere along the way we learn to accept the bitter flavor, even crave it. When does that happen exactly? I think it happens right around the time we realize that maybe nothing exceptional will ever come our way. That maybe we should just forget about Shirley Temples and pineapple punch and limeade, throw away the festive paper umbrellas and the maraschino cherries, and settle for a mug of brown liquid. - pg. 36

Cover/Title: Well, I just realized there is a heart in the coffee mug lol. I think the cover works but I wish the cat or one of the coffee-beans was included. The title is simple and sweet, and straightforward. Perfect.

Extras:



~ The Clumsy Reader aka Christine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Awesome Blogs!

Photobucket
The Book Vixen

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP