Come on, you know you want to follow me....

Eternal

>> Saturday, March 27, 2010

Name: Eternal
Author: Cynthia Leitich Smith
Pages: 307
Start Date: March 18
Finish Date: March 19
Type: Gothic Romance/Fantasy; Softback
Status: My Bookshelf; 2nd in Tantalize Series
Rating:

Summary: At last, Miranda is the life of the party: all she had to do was die. Elevated and adopted by none other than the reigning King of the Mantle of Dracul, Miranda goes from high-school theater wannabe to glamorous royal fiend overnight.Meanwhile, her reckless and adoring guardian angel, Zachary, demoted to human guise as the princess’s personal assistant, has his work cut out for him trying to save his girl’s soul and plan the Master’s fast-approaching Death Day gala.

My Review: This book blew me away... I was just getting over having a 102+ fever and I was Jell-O so I just picked this up to read it and I didn't put it down till I was done. And since, like I said, was getting over being sick I am one of those who has weird, vivid dreams when sick or recovering so this book really made my dreams weird LOL. But I'll admit the beginning was kinda funny but i was waiting for something to happen. And when it did (the turning) it dragged. Only when Zach went for the job interview did I start to really fall in love with it. Oh, and yeah, Zach was *Hallelujah Chorus* hot, awesome, perfect, funny, heavenly, built, smart, and my dream guy. But really, who has read this book, and HAVEN'T dreamed of Zachary The Suspended Angel? If you haven't............... well need I say? OH! And it says on the Author's site that she is working on "Blessed, A Gothic Fantasy" but it doesn't say any more but I think we can safely say it's the sequel for this! :D

Excerpt:
Walk away from this foul place. Find solace somewhere in the shadows between good and evil. Make love till the End Days. ~ pg. 295 (!!!)

Cover/Title: The cover is simple and at first I didn't really like it. But there were so many different things it could be so the wing just kinda summarizes it I guess. The title is great because it's a love that with last for eternity , even past death,hell,and heaven. ;)

Extras:
Book Site & Info
Archangel Michael
Archangel Raphael (I don't remember if he was in this but he's a major Arch so I thought I'd put him here)
The Castle (It actual says this is Drac's)
A Song that relates to this book: Forever by Fireflight like it made me cry it's so good! :(
The Arkansas Razorback T-Shirt that girl was probably wearing on train! I thought that was awesome because I live like 3 hours from Little Rock! :0 ~pg. 87

Urban Cowboy - the movie they are watching on pg. 217

The "Man-eater" Lions Zach goes and sees (pg. 237) with the picture and if you read the page in the book, it's EXACTLY the same!

~ The Clumsy Reader aka Christine




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Awesome Blogs!

Photobucket
The Book Vixen

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP