Come on, you know you want to follow me....

The Hunger Games

>> Monday, March 8, 2010

Name: The Hunger Games
Author:Suzanne Collins
Pages:374
Start Date: Feb. 21
Finish Date: Feb. 23
Type: Sci Fi Adventure/Thriller; Hardback
Status: Library; 1st in the Hunger Games series (1/3)
Rating:

Summary:Katniss is a 16-year-old girl living with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, the remains of what used be the United States. Long ago the districts waged war on the Capitol and were defeated. As part of the surrender terms, each district agreed to send one boy and one girl to appear in an annual televised event called, "The Hunger Games." The terrain, rules, and level of audience participation may change but one thing is constant: kill or be killed. When Kat's sister is chosen by lottery, Kat steps up to go in her place.


My Review: I didn't have any interest to read this. I mean like 0% interest. But then a teacher raved to my mom (who is a teacher) that mom should read t=it to her kids. So of course mom came back and raved to me about. And since she wouldn't read it, I did. And I think I fell in love. The way Kat thinks and acts is so close to me, it's scary. I've grown up in the elements and I know how to take care of my self and how to think. Not to Katniss's extent but pretty close. But I the whole love triangle thing i so didn't expect! I mean the guy back home is great, but the guy in the games with her? Ug, I don't know which she should have! But the writing was perfectly done and I can't wait to read more of this author!!!! PS- WTF (sry) is with the dogs/werewolves??????? Did they take the kids and like bring them back and make them dogs??? I hope they explain or I'll be pissed!

Exert: I nod. It's funny. I feel almost as if it's the first day of the Games again. That I am in the same position. Twenty-one tributes are dead but I still have yet to kill Cato. And really, wasn't he always the one to kill? Now it seems the other tributes were just minor obstacles, distractions, keeping us from the real battle of the games. Cato and me. But no, there's the boy waiting beside me. I feel his arms wrap around me... - pg. 327

Cover/Title: I am guessing it's a mockingjay and the arrows of course stand for Kat. the cover is pretty much explanatory.

Extras:
Awards and More reviews
Awesome Book Site!
Really Really Cool Unofficial Fan Site <-- Check out the German Covers! I wish they were ours!
The Best Teaser EVER!!!! OMG YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS!
Awesome Trailer! <-- Made by the same as above, but longer and more detailed. Quality is bad but I love it! ps - Steven Strait I think would be a perfect Gale! ~ The Clumsy Reader aka Christine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Awesome Blogs!

Photobucket
The Book Vixen

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP