Come on, you know you want to follow me....

Rumors: A Luxe Novel

>> Friday, March 12, 2010


Name: Rumors: A Luxe Novel
Author: Anna Godberson
Pages: 423
Start Date: March 3
Finish Date: March 9
Type: Historical Romance/Drama
Status: Library; 2nd in the Luxe Series (2/4)
Rating:

Summary:After bidding good-bye to New York's brightest star, Elizabeth Holland, rumors continue to fly about her untimely demise. All eyes are on those closest to the dearly departed: her mischievous sister, Diana, now the family's only hope for redemption; New York's most notorious cad, Henry Schoonmaker, the flame Elizabeth never extinguished; the seductive Penelope Hayes, poised to claim all that her best friend left behind—including Henry; even Elizabeth's scheming former maid, Lina Broud, who discovers that while money matters and breeding counts, gossip is the new currency. As old friends become rivals, Manhattan's most dazzling socialites find their futures threatened by whispers from the past. In this delicious sequel to The Luxe, nothing is more dangerous than a scandal . . . or more precious than a secret.

My Review: This book dragged for me! I can't say much without giving spoilers but i gotta say that I think the end is screwed up! I mean what happens made me cry!!! But all in all it earned a good, solid 4 star because what happened needed to happen to move on the third book.

Exert: So this was betrayal. It was like being left alone in the desert at dusk without water or warmth. It left your mouth dry and your will broken. It sapped your tears and made you hollow. ~ pg. 375

Cover/Title: I expected Penny to be more beautiful but I guess that's close enough. The dress is OK, I personally love the thirds! And Rumors is good too, but I think "Deceit" would be more fitting.

Extras:
Book Teaser
I Can't find the dress but here is something close -Dress-
I think the meadow Elizabeth talks about might look like this or maybe this
~ The Clumsy Reader aka Christine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Awesome Blogs!

Photobucket
The Book Vixen

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP