Come on, you know you want to follow me....

Mermaid Park

>> Friday, March 12, 2010


Name: Mermaid Park
Author: Beth Mayall
Pages: 248
Start Date: March 10
Finish Date: March 11
Type: Family Life/Romance; Hardback
Status: School Library
Rating:

Summary: Sixteen-year-old Amy rush doesn’t expect much from her summer at the Jersey shore, until she stumbles on Mermaid park, an old tourist spot where girls dress in fabulous costumes and put on underwater shows. working at the park changes Amy’s life in more ways than she could have imagined. she finds romance, a new found self-confidence, and discovers breathtaking revelations about long-buried family secrets.

My Review: This was a book. Nothing that would make it like an "Oscar" nominee (in books) but I really liked the characters at the park, and the swimming part was awesome, how she described it! But I'd love a sequel about her coming back to hang with her g-pa and training the next queen. What you think?

Excerpt:
"Coke is too basic for somebody so complex."
I smiled. "Interesting. My soda horoscope. Keep going."
"The we have Sprite," he said, turning to look at me. " But that's lemon-lime, which says your sour, and you're sweet."
"Oh," I said, laughing now." You are smooth."
"Root Beer is my pick for you."
"Why?"
"It's unusual. It looks like Coke in the glass, but when you taste it - it surprises you." ~ pg. 62

Cover/Title: The title is flawless! The cover is....... not what I think she should look like. She says she is a little big in the thigh area and the model really isn't, lol. But whatever! :}

Extras:
Music from the beginning:
Rolling Stones - I can't get no satisfaction; brown sugar <-- Brown Sugar is the better one!
Queen - Another one bites the dust; We will rock you <-- If you like this song you need to see "A Knights Tale"


~ The Clumsy Reader aka Christine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Awesome Blogs!

Photobucket
The Book Vixen

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP